Here are some of the common questions we get asked by our clients.  For further advice on specific projects or to discuss your needs please get in touch.

What do I need to get the electrical connection to my new subdivision lots?

Design and documentation of the planned electrical infrastructure to support the subdivision must first be completed by an approved rated Electrical Engineering consultant, such as Cavill and Associates.  The plans then need to be approved by local council and then Energex or Ergon.  Each of those bodies has their own exacting standards which we are conversant with, and we can take care of this every step of the way.

I’m only subdividing one into two lots – do you take care of this?

Yes, we can look after your two-lot subdivision.  The requirements can sometimes be simplified if service connections are readily available, and we will be able to advise you on what you need.

I have a 70-lot subdivision in Bundaberg – can you help?

We work in all regional areas of Queensland and will be very happy to assist with the electrical design and documentation including liaison with utility companies for your subdivision.

How do I take care of the street lighting for my subdivision?

Street lighting requirements vary from council to council, and Transport and Main Roads standards may need to be met.  If you’re creating new roads then it is very likely that you’ll need a compliant street light design.  Changing traffic flow on existing roads may also result in a requirement to upgrade intersection lighting.  Cavill and Associates can help you with all of these requirements.

I am doing a strata-titled development.  How do I get power to the new residences?

All new connections require Energex or Ergon to provide supply.  Every development is different and we can provide advice about the specific requirements for your development.

We are doing a community title development, how do we get Energex to provide power?

Every development is different and we can provide advice about the specific requirements for your development.  If the development requires an on site transformer we will provide, for Energex area of supply, the necessary design and documentation required by Energex.

I have been told I need an agreement from Energex for supply in order to seal plans – can you explain what this means?

An Energex supply agreement is one requirement for sealing plans.  We specialise in the design and documentation required to obtain a supply agreement for your development.

Plan sealing also requires, if simple, just a pre-provisioning letter from Telstra/NBNCo following acceptance of their Infrastructure Provisioning Agreement.  For a larger multi-lot development we can provide the design and documentation for the telecommunication pit and pipe infrastructure works.

We’re building a new production facility which requires significant power.  How do we ensure adequate power supply?  What infrastructure do we need to ensure our factory is safe?

We are able to assist with large customer connections and power systems design, and can explain the process applicable to your particular needs.  As each project is quite different, the best way would be to get in touch to discuss your needs.

Can you help me with telecommunication requirements?

Yes we can.  Telstra now requires new infrastructure to be underground.  This can mean a significant additional design requirement using specialist Telstra design tools.  Often telecommunications can share a trench with electrical so it makes sense for the two designs to be undertaken together.

What does your “A” rating with Energex mean to me?

Our design drawings are regularly audited by Energex to check ongoing compliance with the Energex design standards.  The “A” rating indicates that our drawings are compliant not only in terms of engineering design but with regards to the Energex drawing standard.

I still have more questions.  Can I give you a call?

Absolutely!  Get in touch with us today, we’d love to hear from you and discuss how we can help.